This privacy notice discloses Pet Express website privacy practices. We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site and know that we only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us.
The information gathered will only be used to respond to you and/or make arrangements for transport of your pets. We will not share your information with any third party other than as necessary to fulfill your request for pet travel services.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Only employees who need the information to perform the transport of your pet are granted access to personally identifiable information. Online payment methods are secure. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
To make travel arrangements and provide other services to you, we will collect personal information from you, including but not limited to:
- Your name, your mailing address, your phone number, email address, birthday and student status information (ISIC card number).
- Travel preferences such as seat, special meals, and airline preferences; Information necessary to facilitate travel or other services, including travel companion(s)names, emergency contacts, seating preferences and special dietary or medical needs.
- Personal information provided to customer-service representatives to research and resolve issues or questions.
- Payment information, including but not limited to your credit card number, card type, cardholder name, expiration date, and billing address.
- Information about your pet(s) including but not limited to number of pets, size and weight of pets, type of pets, pets names and birthdays, any special needs information.
- We may also collect personal information in order to be able to provide you with a company newsletter, special offers or other special information.
- We do not knowingly collect PII from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not provide personally identifiable information of any kind whatsoever.
You may receive emails from us about special promotions, surveys, contests, sweepstakes, package specials, trip information, or other travel opportunities with Pet Express. To assess the effectiveness of these emails, we may attach a web beacon that provides confirmation when you open an email us.
Your Privacy Is Important to Pet Express (Pvt) Limited, Sri Lanka
In the course of serving you as an individual client or as someone associated with a corporate or institutional client, Pet Express may obtain personal information about you. Obtaining this information is important to our ability to deliver the highest level of service to you, but we also recognize that you expect us to treat this information appropriately. This policy describes the types of personal information we may collect about you, the purposes for which we use the information, the circumstances in which we may share the information and the steps that we take to safeguard the information to protect your privacy. As used throughout this policy, the term Pet Express refers to the Pet Express (Private) Limited and its subsidiaries and affiliates.
The Sources of Information
The personal information we collect about you comes primarily from the account applications or other forms and materials you submit to Pet Express during the course of your relationship with us. We may also collect information about your transactions and experiences with Pet Express relating to the products and services Pet Express provides. In addition, depending on the products or services you require, Pet Express may obtain additional information about you, such as your credit history, from consumer reporting agencies. Finally, in the provision of financial services to you and subject to strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, information may be collected about you indirectly from monitoring or other means. In these circumstances, the information is not accessed on a continuous or routine basis, but it may be used for compliance or security purposes.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, respond to a survey, fill out a form or enter information on our site.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
• To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
• To improve our website in order to better serve you.
• To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
• To quickly process your transactions.
How do we protect visitor information?
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
Do we use 'cookies'?
• Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
• Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
• Keep track of advertisements.
• Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third party services that track this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won't affect the users experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders.
Third Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We use Google AdSense Advertising on our website.
We have implemented the following:
• Google Display Network Impression Reporting
• Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email
• Within 1 business day
We will notify users via phone call
• Within 7 business days
We will notify the users via letter
We will notify the users via in site notification
• Within 7 business days
We also agree to the individual redress principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or a government agency to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.